Corporate Culture Change Specialist
Coach, Consultant, & Change Behavior Professional
Leadership and Professional Development Trainer
- Chosen as top 25 Korean-American community leaders under the age of 40 in the nation and top 100 Next Generation Korean American leaders nationwide in 2011.
- Sarai has experience working in various industries--education, entertainment, business, publishing, and transportation
- She is well-rounded in management, leadership, administration, program development, supervision, and mentoring.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAININGS
- Ability to administer and evaluate Level C psychological assessments
- Behavior Change Specialist
- Certified College Planning Specialist
- Certified to administer and evaluate Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Strong Interest Inventory and Kuder Assessments
- Completed the On Course – student success strategies program (2007 and 2015)
- Completed the Harvard Summer Institute on College Admissions
- Preliminary Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential Elementary and Secondary Basic Skills; ESL; Human Development and Physical Fitness
- Cerritos Community College District, Teaching Assistant Program
- Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Nutrition Specialist, Weight Loss Specialist – National Academyof Sports Medicine
- Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor – Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
- Additional Certificate and Curriculum Training Programs—Domestic violence/child maltreatment (House of Ruth), FDIC Money Smart: Financial Education Program, 24/7 Dad™ Fatherhood Program (part of the National Fatherhood Initiative–Promoting Responsible Fatherhood, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services), Love Notes, and more.
Dr. Koo expertise is in identifying complex problems, understanding differences, finding solutions to complex human issues, and taking a hands-on approach to test those solutions. Her greatest strength has been to pinpoint areas that need improvement, create innovative and effective programs, deliver a signature process-oriented approach that are engaging, and train others to teach with excellence.
Dr. Koo’s direct “hands on” experience includes signing a memorandum of understanding with a California municipality and 18 other agencies, and having secured multiple grants and contracts. She has established and cultivated strategic partnerships with businesses, agencies, governmental leaders, and leaders in community organizations, foundations, nonprofit organizations, K-12 schools, water districts, colleges and universities, actors and artists, and other high profile leaders.
She has the acumen to develop systems to best manage time and resources; recruit, hire, and train more than 400 personnel. She has created and implemented more than 200 comprehensive programs and services; prepared summits, events, workshops, and conferences; recruited key leaders in their prospective field to be guest speakers; presented at national and local conferences; and spoke at public forums.
Sarai (Seoul Food) on Halo Halo
Dr. Koo spent a short time as a DJ Host on WPMD, Where People Make a Difference in 2013.